20.2.11

Remarks on my Disfigurement

Hello again.

First, to address any standing questions of my whereabouts: I have returned to you with a new name and to a new address. C’est tout.  I had foreseen that some of you would attempt to contact me and fail; to those who did, I apologize and thank you for your strange persistence.


It’s too bad I can’t offer more than a stronger commitment to regularity now that my travels seem to have slowed down.  Preferring a degree of anonymity – most attractive parts of my persona would suffer without it – I trust it will suffice to say that I take the train two times each day and  write mostly in a coffee shop that plays music along the early-80s Factory Records line with the occasional track of top-40 synth-pop.


Allow me, while these words retain the fizzing sparkle of my return, to introduce you to The Cola Wars.  These are the anointed battlegrounds for a fresh discourse on pop and place and populace.  One may provide the endnotes for another, and so on.  In fact, this will often be the case. 

As for you, reader, as has always been the case, I ask and expect nothing of you.   

That’s fine for now. 

-C.T.

No comments:

Post a Comment